Fourth graders created birds using a slab of clay. This project focused on clay vocabulary ( I can talk about my art) and techniques. I discovered the inspiration for this project on Pinterest! Students did a great job on this project!
- Sculpture: a 3D artwork
- Slab: a flat piece of clay
- Score: to create velcro like texture in order to attach clay securely
- Slip: to add water to the clay which helps act like glue
- Smooth: to wipe away clay seams, cracks and crumbs
- Carve: to draw in the clay when adding details and textures
Learning Goals: I can...
- Talk about my artwork
- Explain the process of creating my artwork
- Use good clay craftsmanship so that my artwork holds together well (score/ slip/ smooth)