Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pinch Pot Animals

Third graders created unique animals using a pinch pot for the body.   This project focused on clay vocabulary ( I can talk about my art) and techniques.

Vocabulary:
- Sculpture: a 3D artwork
- Pinch Pot: a pot created from a ball of clay using a pinching technique
- Score: to create velcro like texture in order to attach clay securely
- Slip: to add water to the clay which helps act like glue
- Smooth: to wipe away clay seams, cracks and crumbs
- Carve: to draw in the clay when adding details and textures

Learning Goals: I can...
- Talk about my artwork
- Explain the process of creating my artwork
- Use good clay craftsmanship so that my artwork holds together well (score/ slip/ smooth)
- Create a unique animal








No comments:

Post a Comment