Thursday, March 14, 2013

Postman

Each year our second graders learn about Vincent van Gogh. We started by reading the book Camille and the Sunflowers by Laurence Anholt.  This book gave the kids a little taste of how van Gogh lived.  The postman was often painted by van Gogh.  The kids learned about some of van Gogh's favorite subjects: people, landscapes, sunflowers and his bedroom.  This was one of those projects that I noticed in a frame when I first came to Forest Grove.  When I saw the neat spirals in the beard I knew I just had to try it sometime!

Learning Goals: I can...
- Tell about van Gogh's favorite subjects (people, landscapes, sunflowers and his bedroom).
- Show texture in paint (by drawing spirals into wet paint)
- Paint smooth sides (by loading the brush with plenty of thick paint)


No comments:

Post a Comment