Third graders had fun creating lego self-portraits! This was a project I kept seeing all over Pinterest and couldn't help but want to do it with the kids. Each year I try to come up with a self-portrait project and this one in particular, leaves plenty of room for each student to express his or her personality. It also helps kids show off their creativity!
Here is a window into the job of a lego designer! Now this is a job where art meets creativity, persistence and engineering! Take a look!
Learning Goals: I can...
- Create my own unique lego self-portrait
- Explain what it's like to be a lego designer (environment, process etc.)
- Explain what a self-portrait is
- Add a background that fits my personality and interests
- Color and paint carefully