Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Scream



Fourth grade used the program "Acorn" to create their own versions of "The Scream," by Edvard Munch!



Acorn is a simplified (and somewhat glitchy) version of Photoshop. I really liked using this with my older students because it is so close to Photoshop that I feel like they are getting a real world experience.

This was a totally new experience for me because I have mostly stayed away from computer art partly because of computer availability but it finally felt like the right year to jump in! My first class was a huge learning curve for the kids AND myself. By the second class, my process for teaching on Acorn was SO much more streamlined! (Thanks kids for bearing with me!!!)









Learning Goals: I can...
- Create a file in Acorn that is US Letter sized
- Use Google Drive to download "The Scream" from a shared folder
- Use Preview to open "The Scream" and to pick colors from the original artwork "The Scream"
- Use Acorn tools and modify size and opacity: Paint brush, bucket, smudge, eraser, eyedropper
- Use Photo Booth to take a picture and insert it into Acorn
- Use layers and change visibility
- Convert Acorn file to JPEG
- Drop JPEG into a shared google folder to submit it to Mrs. Seitz

No comments:

Post a Comment